In this week’s episode of his Money, Mind and Meaning podcast, Dr. Daniel Crosby outlines the decision of whether to hire a financial adviser, where a good adviser can provide value, and suggests ten questions to vet a financial adviser/planner:
- Are you a fiduciary?
- How will you keep me from becoming my own worst enemy?
- How do you charge, and how much?
- Do you have a niche?
- What services do you offer?
- What are your credentials?
- What is your investment philosophy?
- How often will we communicate?
- What’s unique about your client experience?
- What is your succession plan?
Dr. Crosby’s podcast is great resource for anyone interested in behavioral finance and investing. Check it out.